National Bike Summit
Safe Streets for Everyone:
21st ANNUAL NATIONAL BIKE SUMMIT
MARCH 15–17, 2020, ARLINGTON, VA | WASHINGTON, D.C.
Being on a bike is fundamentally about joy. It elevates an errand or the slog to work from just another task on our to-do list to "I get to do this!" Being on a bike should be about the freedom we feel, not the fear.
At the 21st National Bike Summit, advocates will come together to collaborate on a shared vision of Safe Streets for Everyone, this year’s Summit theme. In plenary and panel sessions, keynote talks, poster presentations, and expanded networking opportunities, Summit attendees will learn how to influence federal policy and how their peers across the country are confronting the public health crisis facing America: people who bike, walk, or use a wheelchair are in increasing danger on our roads, preventing more Americans from enjoying the benefits of biking and physical activity.
Dive into the developing Summit agenda to see what sessions, mobile workshops, and plenary speakers we already have in store!
As we finalize the Summit agenda, here is some of the programming you can expect:
- Keynote speakers like Keya Chatterjee from the US Climate Action Network and Robbie Miller who raised alarms about AV testing on our roads
- The War on Cars will join us for an evening of podcasting
- Advocates like Amy Cohen, Co-Founder of Families for Safe Streets, and Danny Harris, from Transportation Alternatives, will share with us the powerful voices of survivors
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is scheduled to demonstrate how it tests cars' automatic emergency braking systems
- Discover Traffic Gardens will host a public pop-up space throughout the Summit for you can explore while grabbing a bite to eat at our food truck corral
- Meetings on Capitol Hill to advance our legislative agenda to build safer streets for people biking and walking
- APBP will host a professional development day on Tuesday, March 17, offering AICP credits for those attending
- Take a look at the 2020 Summit schedule-at-a-glance to help plan your trip
Prepare for Lobby Day
Get a head start on your Summit preparations by attending our webinars hosted by Caron Whitaker:
- February 19 at 5pm PT/8pm PT: Background on Federal Transportation Funding - not sure what an MPO is and why it's important? This webinar will provide the context and background on how federal funding turns into local bike infrastructure. CLICK HERE to register.
- February 24 at 5pm PT/8pm PT: How to Lobby - REQUIRED for first-time Lobby Day participants! This webinar will help you understand what to expect on Lobby Day and answer your questions about how to make the case for biking. CLICK HERE to register.
- March 2 at 5pm PT/8pm ET: The Asks - REQUIRED FOR ALL Lobby Day participants! This is your chance to learn what you will be asking Congress to do for people who bike this year. After this webinar, you'll be a member of the all-powerful bike lobby. CLICK HERE to register.