Jobs & Internships
Check back periodically for future job and internship postings. General job & internship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
Summer 2015 Bicycle Friendly America Internship (Washington, DC)
The League of American Bicyclists, a Washington DC-based advocacy organization representing the interests of the nation's 57 million cyclists, is seeking a summer intern to assist with the Bicycle Friendly America program. Each year, through its Bicycle Friendly America program the League evaluates hundreds of applications from across the country, and designates Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly States, Communities, Businesses, and Universities.
The BFA Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of the League’s Bicycle Friendly America programs, and best practices in helping communities, businesses, universities and states become great places for people of all ages and abilities to bicycle. Work includes production of promotional materials, data entry, organization, analysis and maintenance, writing, website updates and general administration.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with 12-20 hours/week commitment for up to 14 weeks, based in Washington, DC. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have to help you earn course credit for your efforts.
Skills and Knowledge to be gained:
- Experience working with database and web content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of effective bicycle planning and policymaking for communities, businesses and universities
- Academic credit, by working with your academic program
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel, content management systems, and databases
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for creating a more Bicycle Friendly America
- Experience with InDesign a plus
Hours: 12/week minimum, 15/week maximum
- Stipend: $500 per month
- Length/Availability: 10-14 weeks
- Start Date: May 18, 2015 (flexible)
- End Date: August 21, 2015 (flexible)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer 2015 BFA Intern Application in the subject line. Applications are due by May 4, 2015. Start of work will be May 18, 2015 (flexible). Deadline: Monday, May 4, 2015