Jobs & Internships
Check back periodically for future job and internship postings. General job & internship inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2015 Bicycle Friendly America Internship (Washington, DC)
The League of American Bicyclists, a Washington DC-based advocacy organization representing the interests of the nation's 57 million cyclists, is seeking an intern to assist with the Bicycle Friendly America and membership programs.
Each year, through its Bicycle Friendly America program, the League evaluates hundreds of applications from across the country, and designates Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly States, Communities, Businesses, and Universities.
The BFA Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of the League’s Bicycle Friendly America and membership programs, and best practices in helping communities, businesses, universities and states become great places for people of all ages and abilities to bicycle. Work includes production of promotional materials, data entry, organization, analysis, writing, website updates and general operations and administration assistance.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with 12-24 hours/week commitment for up to 15 weeks, based in Washington, DC. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have to help you earn course credit for your efforts.
Skills and Knowledge to be gained:
- Experience working with database and web content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of effective bicycle planning and policymaking for communities, businesses and universities
- Academic credit, by working with your academic program
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel, content management systems, and databases
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for creating a more Bicycle Friendly America
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Salesforce a plus
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Hours: 12/week minimum, 24/week maximum
- Stipend: $500-$1,000 per month, depending on hours worked
- Length/Availability: 10-15 weeks
- Start Date: August 24, 2015 (flexible)
- End Date: December 18, 2015 (flexible)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with Fall 2015 BFA Intern Application in the subject line.
Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.