Stay Up to Date
Receive Bicycle Friendly America news delivered straight to your inbox every other week.
Internship: Bicycle Friendly America
We are currently seeking a spring intern to assist with the Bicycle Friendly America program.
Each year, through its Bicycle Friendly America program, the League evaluates hundreds of applications from across the country, and designates Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum-level Bicycle Friendly States, Communities, Businesses, and Universities. Learn more about the Bicycle Friendly America program at bikeleague.org/bfa.
The BFA Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of the League’s Bicycle Friendly America programs, and best practices in helping communities, businesses, universities and states become great places for people of all ages and abilities to bicycle. Work includes production of promotional materials, data entry, organization, analysis and maintenance, writing, website updates and general administration.
This internship offers a flexible schedule with 12-20 hours/week commitment for up to 12 weeks, based in Washington, DC. We are happy to work with any academic requirements you may have to help you earn course credit for your efforts.
Skills and Knowledge to be gained:
- Experience working with database and web content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of effective bicycle planning and policymaking for communities, businesses and universities
- Academic credit, by working with your academic program
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with Excel, content management systems, and databases
- Strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Ability to work independently
- Enthusiasm for creating a more Bicycle Friendly America
- Experience with InDesign a plus
Hours: 12-15/week minimum, 20/week maximum Stipend: $500 per month
Length/Availability: 10-14 weeks
Start Date: January 19, 2015 (flexible)
End Date: April 24, 2015 (flexible)
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com with Spring 2015 BFA Intern Application in the subject line. Applications are due by December 31, 2014. Start of work will be January 19, 2015 (flexible). Deadline: December 31, 2014