Stay Up to Date
Receive Bicycle Friendly America news delivered straight to your inbox every other week.
April 22, 2010
Happy Earth Day
Earth Day news from the bike blogosphere.
- Denver celebrates Earth Day by launching a 400 bicycle bike share program (BikeDenver)
- Bike backlash from business turns to can't beat'em join 'em as AASHTO gets in the livability game. (Streetsblog Capitol Hill)
- Senator John Kerry, who was spotted riding his bike in D.C. this week by a friend of the League, says the time is right for energy legislation. (Politico)
- Does transportation need a sustainability measurement system? (National Journal)
- Small businesses are taking steps to be environmentally friendly, but aren't yet making transportation a top priority (Business Wire)
- A little wonky trivia: Cities with a modal share of public transport, cycling and walking above 55 percent produce on average about 2.4 tons less CO2 from passenger transport per capita per year than cities where the modal share of private motorised modes is above 75 percent. (International Association of Public Transportation)