|Home Programs Bicycle Friendly America℠ Business About||
Bicycle Friendly America℠
The League of American Bicyclists® wants you to be a part in promoting bicycling through the Bicycle Friendly America (BFA℠) program, which consists of our Bicycle Friendly Community℠ (BFC℠), Bicycle Friendly Business℠ (BFB℠), Bicycle Friendly University℠ (BFU℠), and Bicycle Friendly State℠ (BFS℠) programs. There are many ways you can use the League's programs and benefit from their promotion.
This page is designed to help guide you through the use of the many tools we make available to our state and local partner organizations. If you have questions on how to use any of the below-mentioned tools, please give us a call 202-822-1333.
The BFA Booklet and Quick Scorecard
The BFA booklet is designed to give advocates, elected officials, business leaders, students, and university administrators a comprehensive look at the BFA programs. A visual and written tour of the four programs, the small booklet also includes a brief self-assessment tool to evaluate the bicycle-friendliness of your community, business, or university.
There are multiple ways to distribute the BFA booklet and scorecard:
1) Quantities of the BFA booklet are available directly from the League of American Bicyclists. Just send an email to email@example.com or call 202-822-1333 to request your desired quantities. There is room on the booklet to place contact information for the state/local organization
2) The booklet is available above for download and print. Print your desired quantities and place a local organization sticker on the back of the booklet.
3) Request an eps version of the BFA booklet from the League. Your local organization is responsible for incorporating your logo on the booklet where room allows and for the printing costs. Content should remain unchanged. Send your request for eps format to Alison@bikeleague.org.
Tool 2: BFA program information for your website
Promoting the BFA programs on your website is a terrific way of highlighting the success stories in your area (i.e. awarded businesses, communities, and universities). Using your website as a connector for all your local or regional BFA awardees makes for a more robust bicycle friendly network. It is encouraged that you use the following few guidelines:
1. Information and language regarding the BFA program should be taken directly from the League's website: bicyclefriendlyamerica.org
2. When using the BFA programs to help promote bicycling within your region, we ask that you highlight the League's ownership of the program and our partnership with the state/local organization. We ask you to incorporate the following:
3. Include the Bicycle Friendly Community/Business/University/State logo, provided on our website, on your web page and link to the League's program page: http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/bicyclefriendlyamerica
Tool 3: BFB, BFC, BFU presentation and script
Hosting a BFA presentation is a cost effective and efficient way of distributing information about any of the four programs. This could be done onsite or through a webinar by a local advocate, League staff, or both. Organization of a BFA presentation is easy and is a terrific way to bring together various local partners and build momentum.
Download an overview of the BFA program or a presentation specific to BFB, BFC, or BFU below or request a copy in PowerPoint format, email firstname.lastname@example.org The presentations are each about 10-15 minutes in length with script and can be presented at your convenience. Click here to request PowerPoint slides via email so that you can tailor it to your needs.
Organize a webinar for your region with a League representative by contacting email@example.com
Tool 4: Participation in the Review and Award Process
Your input to the BFA programs is invaluable; these programs would not be as successful as they are without help from local advocates. We encourage you to be part of the review and award process to create a more comprehensive picture of the BFC, BFB, and BFU applications we receive from your area.
Sign up to be a local reviewer for the BFA program, click here.
You will be notified of all BFA applicants in your state and asked for your help in evaluating the communities, businesses, and universities.
Bicycle Friendly Business℠