League Searching for Education Director
An exciting Job with great opportunities
Title: Director of Education
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on qualifications and experience
Date: August 27, 2007
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Education Director manages all aspects of the League of American Bicyclists' BikeEd Program, including but not limited to developing and producing curricula, serving the Education Committee, maintaining and expanding a nationwide network of League Cycling Instructors (LCI), managing contracts with Federal, state and local agencies, and providing educational information to all external sources such as the media, state and local government agencies, and a wide variety of traffic safety-related organizations.
About the League: The League of American Bicyclists is the nation's oldest bicycling organization. Based in Washington DC, the League's mission is to promote and protect the rights of cyclists, which it strives to do through education and advocacy programs. The BikeEd program is one of the League's signature initiatives; we have more than 1,000 certified instructors in communities across the country delivering bicycle safety and skills training to people of all ages and ability.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides information/assistance related to bicycle safety and
education via phone, email, or written communication. Acts as bicycling safety and education expert in all external communication.
* Manages production, sale, and assists in developing marketing
strategies for all educational materials.
* Manages education committee in the development of new
educational materials included online tools and updates to the current curriculum.
* Manages and develops League's online educational materials for
the general public and LCIs.
* Maintains regular correspondence with network of instructors
(LCIs), education committee, and online LCI Group.
* Manages collection of annual LCI renewal dues.
* Manages the scheduling and delivery of 25-30 LCI Certification
* Develops and manages bicycle education partnerships and
* Develops and manages new BikeEd credentials for school teachers,
community leaders, and Physical Education teachers.
* Manages and develops the biannual BikeEd Conference.
* Manages the development and delivery of comprehensive youth
bicycle education curriculum to be included in Safe Routes to School program.
* Compiles reports on customer satisfaction with materials and/or
classes as well as the effectiveness of BikeEd classes through surveys.
* Manages all bicycling education grants awarded to the League of
* Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including
telephone communications, email, office systems, and latest internet technology.
* Knowledge of bicycling education and the League's BikeEd program
* Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed
with objectives without supervision.
* Ability to handle and resolve recurring challenges.
* Ability to work with a team.
Credentials and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
* LCI certification preferred
* Five years related experience or
* Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please send a cover letter and curriculum vitae by August 31, 2007 to
League of American Bicyclists
1612 K Street NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20006
Or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to top