Board Nominees Announced
League Board Candidates Nominated and Announced (2.21.06)
There are three board seats up for re-election in 2006, and one board-appointed position. The board has now approved this slate:
- Region 1: (CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI and VT) John Allen
- Region 4: (IL, IN, MI and OH) John Gideon and Jim Sheehan
- Region 6: (AK, CA, HI, ID, NV, OR and WA) Amanda Eichstaedt and John Forester
Candidates not on the approved slate who wish to be on the ballot now have until March 20 to gather the needed signatures to be placed on the ballot.
The ballots will be mailed in the Spring issue of American Bicyclist in early April.
The deadline to return the ballots is May 15, and the results will be announced on May 31.
Candidate qualifications include:
- Commitment to cycling—as sport, recreation, fitness, or transportation, and a knowledge of bicyclists’ concerns.
- Prior involvement in bicycling-related organizations.
- Participation in League activities and programs.
- History of volunteer service to non-profit organizations, and familiarity with the issues of governance of non-profits (legal issues, board operations, etc.), preferably through service as an Officer/Director/Trustee.
- Professional level skills in a field of use to the Board and the League, such as (but not limited to): management, fundraising, marketing, communications, finance, human resources, or law.
- Of “good moral character” – someone whose presence on the Board would not result in any embarrassment to the League.
- An ability to bring other substantial resources to the League, such as influential connections with potential donors, business or political leaders.
Return to top