Stay Up to Date
Receive bi-weekly news from The League delivered straight to your inbox.
Seeking: Board of Directors Nominations
The League’s Board of Directors serves a critical role in guiding the organization to a sustainable and vibrant future. The Board is made up of both board-appointed and member-elected seats — and currently, the board is taking self nominations for three open member-elected positions.
Interested in sharing your passion for bicycling? Here’s how to apply.
1. Write a statement of qualifications, demonstrating how you meet the eight stated qualifications for serving on the League board:
- Commitment to Cycling
- Knowledge of bicyclists’ concerns and ability to craft solutions
- Service experience as a leader in a non-profit or business organization
- Membership and participation in League activities and programs
- Professional‐level skills in a field of use to the Board and League
- Personal and professional character
- An ability and willingness to bring substantial resources to the League
- Willing to sign a statement of support for the League’s Code of Ethics.
- Compile your statement of qualifications along with a resume, 200-word personal profile and a photo
2. Send your materials to Diane Albert, head of the League Board Election Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2014
3. Hang tight until October 1, 2014, when the League Board Governance Committee will determine who is eligible to be placed on the ballot.
4. Check out the November/December issue of American Bicyclist, which will include nominee profiles and ballot information for League members to vote.
5. If selected, you’ll be seated on the League Board of Directors at the League's annual meeting at the 2015 National Bike Summit.
Learn more about the nomination and election process, at bikeleague.org/ElectionProcess.
(Image by Brian Palmer.)